April 13, 2013

Refreshing Lemonade Pie

Last summer while we were on our family vacation in the deep south, I picked up Southern Living's special recipe magazine containing 135 "almost" homemade recipes. I actually made this recipe for the first time last summer but since Mother's Day will be here in just about a month, and with my own mother coming up from Florida who happens to love anything lemon, I thought why not make this incredibly refreshing dessert for her. I can imagine just sitting out on our back porch enjoying this confection's cool lemon flavor after a Mother's Day brunch.



What you will need...
This is a good "make ahead" recipe

1 graham cracker pie crust
(I made my own from scratch. I actually bought one and decided it was too small, so I added more butter and crackers and then pressed the crust into my own deep dish pie plate. I also baked the crust for 9 minutes at 350 degrees.)

2 (3.4 oz) pkgs. instant lemon flavored pudding
1 (12 oz) can of evaporated milk
2 (8 oz) pkgs. of cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 (12 oz) can frozen lemonade concentrate
Thawed frozen whipped topping or Cool Whip

What you will need to do...

First in a medium bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk and the 2 packages of pudding until pudding thickens...about 2 minutes.

Next in a larger bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until it become fluffy. Add the lemonade concentrate and beat until smooth. Pour the lemon mixture into the cooled pie crust and refrigerate until chilled, about 8 hours or over night.

Dollop the Cool Whip on top and garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint before serving.

I think this has to be a perfect spring/summer dessert regardless of whether you live in the North or South. This pie is so creamy, yet very refreshing and light.


Do you have a favorite lemon dessert?
I would sure love to hear from y'all!!!

Have a great day!

XO

Sharing this post at these wonderful blog parties...

9 comments:

  1. This sounds luscious, Barbara! I love lemon-y desserts, apple-y desserts, chocolate-y desserts, strawberry desserts..............(sigh). :( xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up to SAturday Dishes, Pinned to my Sat Dishes board. Are you on G+ or FB? I'd love to follow one of those ways but didn't see a link. I'm moving from google and can't follow on GFC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a wonderful warm weather recipe. When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I craved the lemon pie my mother in law made. I think it was similar. I am definitely going to Pin this! Thanks so much!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, what a yummy pie! I love lemon!!! I will certainly be making this very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! This sounds yummy and easy and looks L-L-L-Luscious! Gonna have to try it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure would love for you to link this lovely recipe up at our Weekend Potluck party tomorrow! www.thebetterbaker.blogspot.com Please be sure and stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photo is gorgeous and the recipe looks very easy. I will definitely be making this lemonade pie. My family loves lemon. I'm sharing this on my FB page this afternoon.

    Thanks for sharing this on Foodie Friends Friday this week.

    Joanne/WineLady Cooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemon is probably my favorite dessert flavor, so this sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor