April 4, 2013

Mom's Favorite Salad ~ Cucumber and Onion Salad



This is a little twist on my mother's favorite salad. She pretty much used white onion with white vinegar and some salt and pepper. I on the other hand, used red onion which is a little more mild, and I tossed in some fresh dill.


Just combine all the ingredients plus some good old H2O, plus salt and pepper, and let the mixture sit for a few hours or until the next day. The longer it marinates the better the taste. 


Pack it up in a jar and it is the perfect addition to a picnic lunch!
And the best part is that this cool and refreshing salad has absolutely no calories. 
This can certainly be served at room temperature but I prefer it cold, just the way my mother use to make it!

XO
Sharing this post at link parties over at these super blogs...

1 comment:

  1. G'day! Reminds me what my mum used to do!
    Cheers! Joanne
    Thanks for sharing at this week's Foodie Friends Friday Foods We Loved from Childhood Party
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Trip Advisor