February 10, 2011

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup...Yum


Talk about a comfort food!! There is nothing like chicken noodle soup on a cold winter's day. I actually started out making this for one of my neighbors who has been down with the flu this week, but I made a large enough pot that my family and I were able to chow down on soup for dinner tonight. The secret ingredients in my soup are the tarragon and the sazon I add to it. Just enough to give it a little je ne sai quoi!

Ingredients:

One large chicken breast with or without bone and skinned
3 carrots diced
4 stalks of celery diced
1 medium onion chopped
8 cup of chicken broth
3 packages of Goya's Sazon without annatto
1/2 fresh parsley chopped
1 large tablespoon of dried Tarragon
1/2 to 3/4 wide egg noodles(depending on how much noodles you like
pepper to taste

Method:

Spray bottom of large pot with cooking spray. Saute the vegetables until they start to become soft. Add the remaining ingredients except the noddles and let simmer until chicken becomes opaque. Remove the chicken and let cool. Once cooled enough, cut meat into small cubs and return to the pot. Let simmer for approximately 20 minutes. Add the noodles and let simmer another 7-8 minutes until the noodles are cooked.

Serve with a crust bread for a hearty and heart warming meal!

Chris's Rating....10 Excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trip Advisor